Sunday, August 13, 2017

PF'n with my Babe. Valuable Lesson Learned.

Haven't blogged for a while. Thought I would tonight, just to sum up our PF week. I went by myself on Monday, Danny wasn't getting back from his trip until later that night. I am getting a little more comfortable going by myself, although I ultimately love when Danny goes with me. Tuesday was out because I had a hair appointment. So now we are at hump day, Wednesday. Hellish day at work, as usual, kind of tired, but not really. Had a headache, but could deal with it. Drove home to pick up Danny, took a 20 minute nap, Danny wasn't much in a PF mood and quite honestly neither was I. I just wanted to hang at home, Danny was grilling dinner that night, I didn't want to eat dinner at 8:00 pm again, so we decided not to go. We would go on Thursday. Well Thursday, my headache was worse, I had cramps, I was tired, so was Danny. We could have very easily said eff it, we'll go over the weekend, but we didn't. We arrived at PF and went upstairs to the machines the trainer said I should be using. First it was a struggle for the two of us to find our motivation, second there is A LOT of me and I am not a graceful contortionist and basically that's what I had to turn in to to use the ADDUCTION and ABDUCTION machines. I also used some crunch thing, but wasn't sure if I was doing it right. I noticed Danny working on a machine that looked like it was a whole lot of fun, kind of like a sit -n- spin from when I was a kid, except you didn't sit, you were on your knees. I did it, I tried it, it killed my knees. Again, there is too much of me to be kneeling on my knees, they hurt the rest of the night and next day. I had to go downstairs to finish my workout because upstairs didn't have all of the machines I use. At the end of our visit, Danny felt that he achieved a really good workout, me on the other hand, not so much. I didn't feel like I put my whole self into it, for the first time I didn't want to be at PF. Yes, I felt better when I left, maybe I felt guilt because I caved into my procrastination on Wednesday and didn't go. Maybe it was because I used new machines and wasn't exactly sure what I was doing... i don't know, something was off. We learned that when we have a day planned to go work out, we are going, not putting it off for the next day. From that little blip, I have realized how easily the old patterns, the old habits can come back. My babe and I went on Saturday. I did my normal work out, however, I started out on the treadmill. I walked on the treadmill for 5 minutes and 4 seconds. For most that is nothing, for me that is huge! I am very easily frustrated, frustrated because of my size and how everything hurts. I've come to realize that I have fallen into a Planet Fitness comfort zone. Future visits are being kicked up a notch. I left Saturday feeling like I achieved my regular work out. Danny is kicking some major ass and I am so proud of him!
Now if I would only be able to figure out why I have been having these horrible, doubling over period like cramps I'd be happy. Ibuprofen and tylenol don't even touch the pain. Today is day 3 of this nonsense and I'm just about fed up being in pain, walking hunched over and very gingerly. If the cramps continue, I'll be making a doctor's appointment.
I cannot wait for the day when my size no longer plays a role in my feeling crappy, physically, mentally and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment