Sunday, June 25, 2017

An Awesome Sunday - PF Day 4

Hi!
I can't believe it's Sunday evening! Where did the weekend go?
We spent the entire day yesterday at a graduation party. It was fun, it was nice seeing family. I'm not going to lie, I had a piece of cake and a couple of cookies. The only snicky-snack food out was Popcorn. My cousin rented a Popcorn Machine and it was awesome. And.... I didn't even drink a beer, not a single one. Homemade Peach Ice Tea was the drink for me.


This morning I woke up feeling kind of blah.... Danny woke up feeling kind of blah. Husband woke up a happy camper... In fact, that's where he went for the day, to camp. Just to get some things done. Danny and I remained lazy until 11:30. I got up out of the chair and put my work out clothes on. Danny did the same. We were on our way to Planet Fitness. We arrived a little before 12:30. I scheduled the Hydro chair for 1:45. Just to make myself work out for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then reward myself. I started off on a tread mill, Danny next to me on the Elliptical. Instead of trying to go for a distance, I went for minutes. I walked on the tread mill for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Just a little warm up, my heart rate was up and I was sweating. It was 5 minutes more than yesterday and I was moving. I added a couple of new machines into my routine today. I also added longer reps and extra weight. Danny did too. He also added weight lifting into his program. I'm proud of him and I'm beginning to feel proud of me. Tomorrow will be one week since we've started going and today was our 4th visit. We are going back tomorrow and Wednesday. Then we're going to have a week long break, which worries me a bit. We'll be heading to the mountains. I'm just going to have to make myself move up there.


After each visit, Danny and I do a Live video on FB in the car. It's usually only a minute or two long. Our friends and family leave encouraging comments. My bff since childhood began her PF journey 2 years ago. I've literally watched her melt away. She inspires me. Well today Lisa left me a comment that after talking to me yesterday, watching our live videos and reading my blog posts, I had inspired her to go back after a month. That's awesome! I inspired my bff!

Yesterday as I was putting my shoes and socks on, I made a comment to Danny. Well I asked him a question, "Do you know what's harder than exercise?" He said no and I told him being fat. Being fat is harder than exercise. Being fat is with me 24 hours a day. Little things that are so easy for others are harder for me because I'm bigger. I'm going to work my way into making those little things easier, then start to work on the big things. One day at a time and when that gets to be too much to handle, I'm going down to 30 seconds at a time. Each little bit of movement, each little bit of sweat is a little bit more than the day before.

Danny and I ended our day by planting a couple of veggie plants and some flowers. He helped me tremendously today. He's not a little boy anymore and it's bittersweet. But I truly love the man he is becoming.

I realize that in the end I am doing this for me and cannot do it for anyone else. I am starting to love myself. Something I haven't done in such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment