Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Afternoon Rain - PF Day 3

So it's Friday and it rained all day.
I woke up with a headache... while brushing my teeth I said to myself, "I don't want to go to Planet Fitness today."
I had a doctor's appointment at 1:15 for my shoulder, I had surgery in January. I had to leave the house today...
Danny and I left at 12:30 dressed in our Planet Fitness clothes.
Doctor's appointment went well. I'm officially released!!! Dr. E gave me a few tips on what to do and what not to do right now. He told me to make sure I tell the trainer when I meet with him/her on Wednesday about my surgery and they will take that into account when coming up with my fitness plan.
When pulling into the Planet Fitness parking lot, I mentioned to Danny that I really hope we do not see my bosses car. Danny told me that if we do, we can turn around and go home. I sighed and said, "No we can't." We got out of the car, pouring down rain and entered PF. As soon as we were inside, we were greeted by smiles and happy hello's. Today I decided I was going to try out the Hydro Massage Chair/Bed. I scheduled my chair time for an hour and 15 minutes after we got there.
Today we hit the bikes first... I adjusted the seat and started to pedal away. It didn't last long, only a 1/2 mile, but it was a 1/2 mile more than the day before. I will work more at the tread mill and bike. I will also try the Elliptical, but for right now I am completely happy working out on the machines, my upper and lower body. Anything is better than nothing. I enjoy it. I sweat. And guess what? I don't mind sweating in there! It's like its cool to sweat in Planet Fitness. Not cool to sweat at home.
The time went fast today. Danny brought up the fact that each time we've been there time has gone fast. At 3:15 I went over to the desk for my Hydro Chair Appointment.
OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I died and went to heaven. It's a little warm where the chairs are. It's dim and it sounds like Ocean Waves. As soon as I was nice and comfy in the chair, I pressed the start button. 10 minutes of heaven! I didn't want it to end. And after those 10 minutes ended, way too soon, I made up my mind that my reward at Planet Fitness is the Hydro Chair after I work out. I will schedule my appointment anywhere between an hour and 15 minutes to 1-1/2 hours after being there. 
This isn't new news, but I really enjoy hanging out with my kid. He gets me. I get him. He talks to me, I talk to him. He opened up to me today. Told me how he wants to change, he doesn't want to be this way anymore. We talked about goals, small goals and long term goals. My long term goal, one year from now is to have 2 Kayaks. Danny loves to Kayak and I've always wanted to, but never have because of my size. My short term goals, to be able to cross my legs AND bend over to tie my shoes. Danny's short term goal is to see his belt buckle and find jeans that fit him a lot better. In the car afterwards, I told him that I really didn't want to go today, Danny said he had felt the same, but is so happy we did. We talked about how fast the time goes and how much better we both feel when we are done. We fist bumped and said we got this! 
It's going to be a long journey... there are going to be many bumps a long the way, but that's okay. We'll get there. I know it's only been our 3rd visit, but something tells me this time is different. We're doing it and we're doing it together. Just me and my boy... One Planet Fitness visit at a time.

If you're reading this, please let me know you've been here. Comments are always welcome. If you'd like to follow along this journey with me, please become a follower of my blog.

5 comments:

  1. what a good day! You're making me want to try out that chair! Sounds like an amazing reward! Your goal are so good. And the bonding you two have going on is priceless. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following your journey and you are so inspiring! My husband and I are starting our weight loss journey on Monday!! I will be checking in with your blog daily!! And that chair sounds amazing...😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing what so many of us go through on a daily basis. You two got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. I've let myself go and every week I tell myself I'm going to get back on my diet and join the gym and every day I don't. Just been having a pity party and need to get my stuff together. Good luck to you. You sound like you have a good attitude and will both do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following your blog. Something I need to start. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete