Friday, February 20, 2015

A Family That Exercises Together...


Wow! I can not believe today is Day 5 of Week 5. We as a family exercised together for 5 days this week! I am proud of my family. It's a tiny step, but we as a family took that step. A step in the right direction. 
It was 5:30 and I mentioned exercise... hmmm what to do. The idea of Richard Simmons was a tossed out suggestion, but to my surprise, Danny suggested a walking video. This was the first time he has ever suggested any form of exercise. There was no way I was going to say no. Danny and I started the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. Dan did his shoulder exercises, then joined us in walking at the 1/2 mile mark. Although it was only a 1 mile walk, it was 1 mile we wouldn't have walked if we didn't do it.
Maybe this spring I'll be able to keep up with Miss Lisbeth walking around town. I won't have the OMG you're killing me feeling, I can't keep up. However, when the time comes and Miss Lisbeth is on Full Speed Ahead, if needed, I will speak up and ask her to shift it down a notch :)

I know males have the tendency to lose weight quicker, their bodies shape up faster... I can not let this discourage me.
I am just so over the top happy that we as a family did some form of exercise for 5 days. I can not wait for Week 6 to begin on Monday. WE have set our sails in the right direction and are becoming a healthier version of us! YAY!!!

We are expecting a snow storm tomorrow. Although I like taking the weekends off from exercise, I know the 3 of us will be outside shoveling snow in the driveway.

Have a great weekend! Keep warm and safe wherever you may be!

This is my blog, my thoughts, my words, my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment