Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday, Not a good day. Week 5


Today is Tuesday. It hasn't been a good day. My day began at 3:00 a.m. when I woke up in pain. My left hip. I have no idea what happened or what I did, but it hurt and it hurt bad. I took 3 ibuprofen and went back to bed. There was no comfortable position. Out to the living room I went. Reclining in the chair didn't make the pain any better. I went back to into my bed. At least it was warm under the comforter. 2 more ibuprofen at 6:45 and the heating pad. At 7:10, Danny and I were off...
Got to work at 8:00, boss man wasn't in yet, he arrived by 8:15, was cranky, stayed 20 minutes and went home. Best thing ever. I found a comfortable position, laying 1/2 way over my desk. Unfortunately I could not spend my day that way. Whenever I got a chance, I laid across my desk. It seemed to relieve some of the pain, maybe stretching it out, I don't know. I pushed myself to walk out in the warehouse a little more than usual, I figured if I didn't move, it would get worse. When I got home I hit the recliner with the heating pad and fell asleep for an hour.
After dinner and clean up, it was a little after 7:00, I had to exercise. I didn't want to exercise because of my hip, but I forced myself to and I did it. The 3 of us exercised. Danny not completely, but I wasn't in the mood to push tonight. Dan started out by doing his shoulder exercises. About 1/2 way into the video, I turned to my right and Dan was doing the video with me. A little wave of emotion came over me.
Last night while I was getting my shower, Dan came in for our usual chat. We do that. Basically it is the only place where we can have a discussion without Danny being there. He told me that he is glad to be home with us, but even more than that, he is so happy that I started exercising. He was encouraging, "You're going to notice a difference, not in 2 weeks, maybe not in 8, but if you keep doing this like you are, you will see your results."

Dan is amazed at what kind of exercise videos are found on the Internet. He thought that I did videos on the TV and played the Wii. I have no set program, whatever I feel like doing that day, I do. I don't want to get bored, I don't want to get into the same routine. I don't want to get to the point that I don't want to do this anymore.

At first I wasn't fond of the idea of sharing my exercise, but after tonight, I think I'm going to like it. Dan's range of motion isn't 100% from his surgery and mine isn't either because of my size. But watching him do it to the best of his ability was the exact little push I needed to complete my program to the best of my ability.

If you are still reading this, please let me know you were here. Become a follower too. I won't mind in the least bit.

"A body in motion, stays in motion."

This is my blog... my thoughts.... my words.... my feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment