Monday, February 16, 2015

Stayin' Alive with Week Number 5


 Wow!!! Today is the beginning of Week 5 for me. In all honesty, I did not exercise as much as I should have last week and I noticed a difference, but I didn't quit!!! I got back on it today.
Exercising now has come to a whole new level. My husband is working a different shift now. He will be home with us every evening. We get to have dinner together every day. I missed the family dinners with the 3 of us when he was on afternoon shift. This shift will take some getting used to, but I/we absolutely love that he is home with us.
Last Friday, Dan and I were talking and he was asking about exercising and asked if Danny and I did it on Thursday, I didn't lie, I told him that we didn't. He told me that now that he is going to be home he is going to push me into doing it. Push me? Those 2 words felt like hot embers. No one is going to push me. Like I said from the very beginning, this is all on me. I'm not making promises. I have always been the type of person that if I feel I'm being forced into doing something, I just won't do it. I stop... completely. So I looked at him and said, "I don't need pushed." Then he corrected himself, he asked if he could exercise with me. I said sure.
I gave Dan a little fair warning beforehand, he asked if we were going to dance. I didn't feel like dancing today... wasn't sure if I felt like walking, but I discovered these Launchpad Exercise Videos on youtube and love them. The one I did today was Stage 2, Episode 1. Dan didn't do the video with me, but he did his shoulder exercises that he was slacked on since PT finished up a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit that I was a little nervous having him in the living room with me while I was exercising, why??? He's my husband... we've been together forever. Anyway, I did my exercise video, he did his exercises, he finished before me and did join in at the end. Danny came upstairs and did a few leg lifts. A few minutes into my video, I didn't even know Dan was there. I focused and focuses on myself. He had encouraging words a long the way, that was a nice little boost. Danny also encouraged.
After exercise I finished getting dinner ready. I used the crock pot today. Venison roast with carrots and I made homemade mashed potatoes. We all sat down for a family dinner and it was yummy. It felt nice, it felt good. Kitchen is all cleaned up and as soon as I am done with my blog, we will have a few more hours together, as a family.

I love the above picture of Tess. She is my plus size super hero. She is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had 1/10th of the confidence she has. Beauty isn't a size and I wish people would understand that. Sadly they do not. Weight is only a number, I do not want to be a number, I haven't gotten on the scale. I will when I have a doctors appointment at the end of March. I have a vision, a vision of a size I want to be.

As I am finishing my blog, thinking about my Monday, I've had a great Monday. It was bitter, nasty cold. Boss man was cranky as hell, but I'm here, I'm happy. I exercised, my spirits lifted, my guys are home and I'm content.

This is my blog, my thoughts, my words, my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment