Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hump Day! aka Day Three



So are all of you bored yet? Bored with my blog. It's o.k., you don't have to read it. I'm doing it for me. A therapy of sorts.
Today was Day 3 and started out in the usual way, as soon as my feet touched the bedroom carpet I moaned and groaned about exercise today...
Snowy drive to work, it sucked. Got to work, I.T. guy was there, system was down. Airfreight came yesterday.... 3 huge crates, only 2 of them were ours. In the third crate, hydraulic hoses, filled to the brim. Not the elevator roller guides... On the phone with our freight forwarder, within an hour our crate was delivered, the wrong one picked up. Great! Now came the endless emails... endless invoice scans....blah, blah, blah..... It was almost 11:00 by the time we were up and running again.

Last night I had already decided that Danny and I were going to do the One Mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD by Leslie Sansone. Love her! Did it faithfully every day years ago. Danny had lots of homework and I didn't want dinner to interrupt him, so I did a little Zumba, I also pinned a couple of Zumba videos to my Pinterest board. Got dinner going and as that was cooking, I did Denise Austin's 10 minute upper body strengthening video. We ate dinner, cleaned up and walked our one mile walk.

Ugh.....................  I used to do it faithfully. I used to do it without anything hurting. Today I thought I was going to die. My back hurt, my legs hurt. How did this happen? Why did I let this happen to me? I can change it. It took a while to get here.... it will take a while to go back. Am I willing to take the time? Yes, yes I am. I don't like being sad. I don't like how I am. I don't like how I feel. I want to set a good example for my son. I want to live. Yes, LIVE.

I remember the first diet I was put on at the age of 8 years old. My mom made me drink grapefruit juice, unsweetened before every meal. If I had toast for breakfast or a sandwich for lunch, one piece of bread was toasted and cut through the center with a piece of string or a very sharp knife. It was then 2 paper thin pieces of crumbled bread. At 13 I was taken to a local doctor who prescribed diet pills. Yep, Speed! I was on speed at age 13. It was great, lost a lot of weight. Also made a little pocket change too, because well...  you know...
I won't put Danny on a diet so to speak. I will not go on a diet so to speak. I've been on so many, I've read so many things, I have at least 4 different versions of Weight Watchers. Common sense, put less in, do not deprive. Weigh and measure when you can, make smarter choices. This is only Day 3, I've made little changes with Danny, he hasn't noticed them much. Yesterday's dinner, Venison Cheeseburgers. We eat 2 burgers, they are small, but last night, we only ate one bun. the other burger on the plate. He wanted a snack last night, I made him look at the serving size and he counted out 9 tortilla chips. Today at dinner we had chicken and pasta. I measured the pasta. I showed Danny that the serving size of pasta is one cup, he was surprised at the amount, but also realized it was less than what he usually eats. I did let him have a small second of pasta and didn't think twice about the chicken because it is protein. I usually have pretzels for a snack at work mid morning, usually 9:30. Not this morning, this morning I had celery sticks with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. I measured it! One of these days this is all going to mesh together, these little changes are going to become big changes.

Danny's first goal, to fit into his Pink Floyd t-shirt he got at Christmas. It's pretty tight. But he has a goal. My goal, more energy and having my wedding bands fit again.

For the first time, Danny put his hand on my shoulder tonight and said, "I'm in this with you Mom. We're going to do it." Proud parent moment. I managed to hold back the tears...until now.

We're just going to keep on climbing. You can listen to The Climb right here. Just click on here.

If you're still hanging in here with me. Thank you! Don't be shy, become a follower. You can do that over on the right side.

This is my blog, my words, my thoughts, my feelings.



3 comments: