Thursday, January 29, 2015

The 9th Day



hmmm..... Day 9. Not too much to say today. Originally today was going to be one of those crazy days, but due to the weather, the 6:30 meeting at school was canceled. I was doing a happy dance when I received that text. I didn't want to go back out after I got home from work.

The past few days I have been dragging, so incredibly tired. So hungry and so wanting chocolate. Which when I experience all 3 of those symptoms at the same time, it would mean my period was due.... I'm sure hoping not because I haven't had one for almost a year. It will be one full year in February. Going through the "change" isn't exactly great, it means I'm getting older, my body is changing, it is harder to lose weight, not to mention the hot flashes. I hate those hot flashes. I go to bed cold, wake up in the middle of the night, toss the covers off because I feel like I'm in the middle of the Sahara Desert, only to wake up again because I'm back to freezing. I am very happy that my husband no longer covers me up when he sees I do not have any on. He realizes the covers are off for a reason.

I was in no hurry to prepare dinner, which was left overs from yesterday... no big deal. I knew I wanted to exercise before dinner, but couldn't make up my mind on what to do. I noticed a VHS tape sticking out of the VCR. I couldn't tell you the last time the VCR was used, probably years. I didn't even know if it still worked. I had no clue which tape was in there, but figured it was some sort of exercise video, I have a crap load of VHS exercise videos. I pushed in the tape, the VCR still worked and I waited... it was Richard Simmons! Richard Simmons Blast Off (click on Blast Off and it will take you to the youtube version.) It is 20 minutes long. A perfect quick work out. It got my heart going and I even broke out in a small sweat. There is just something about Richard Simmons... while doing the tape, (I have no coordination, no rhythm, no nothing) I felt as though Richard was talking to me, encouraging me the whole way. Danny wanted nothing to do with exercise tonight and that wasn't happening. There was no way he was going to sit on his butt playing on his iPod while I was exercising in front of him. So if he wanted to play on his iPod, he had to pedal. Just like yesterday. He pedaled for 20 minutes, the length of the video. After the video, I went into my Pinterest Work Out board and pulled up a 10 minute Yoga video. I was relaxed.

I'm not sure if it was Richard Simmons and me Blasting Off, moving more tonight or the 10 minutes of Yoga, but I feel like I'm in a good place right now. I'm happy. I feel happy. I am in a good mood. I'm not cranky, I feel refreshed.

Tomorrow morning Dan has an early PT appointment and is taking Danny to school. I'll be exercising earlier, by 7:30 a.m. I'm already trying to decide what I want to do tomorrow morning. I don't know if I want to Zumba, Dance or Sweat to the Oldies... decisions, decisions.

And how about this, instead of every one trying to tear each other down, why don't we try to help build each other up? The world would be a much better place.

This is my blog, my words, my thoughts, my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment