Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'm Still Here - Day 2

Well I'm still here! This morning while I was trying to get my fat ass butt out of bed, I said to myself, "Ugh... you have to exercise today." I went on my morning routine. Bathroom, put coffee on, make up, hair, get dressed... out to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Danny and me. I can not lie, we did have Cinnamon Toast Crunch, BUT! I measured it. Danny didn't even notice. Anyway, I started working on gathering my lunch and snack for the day. I grabbed the bag of pretzels. Normally I grab a huge handful or just open the baggie and dump the pretzels into it. Not today, I looked at the serving size and it was 41 pretzel sticks. I opened the baggie and counted out 41 pretzel sticks. Lunch today was leftovers from last night's dinner, pork roast. I didn't weigh my roast, but it was 3 small pieces, maybe a total of 5 ounces of protein and a small baked potato. I really wanted lunch to be "clean" and as in "clean" I mean non processed food, but I did pour 1 tablespoon of gravy over my roast and a small amount of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on my baked potato. For the sweet part of my lunch, I added a Clementine and small apple.

All day at work I kept thinking about my journey ahead and just exactly how did I get here? Like I've said, I've always been a big girl. Always.... Is it genetic? I don't know. Is it because of different things that have happened in my life, I try to hide from it by eating and being lazy. I don't know. I'm sure it is a lot of things. I tried to be my own Psychotherapist, but then I realized that I don't have the big bucks to pay myself, so I stopped that and starting thinking about what exercise I was going to do after work. I also started thinking about food. Healthy eating is expensive. Very expensive. Money is tight, it's cheaper to eat unhealthy. I decided to make due with what we have until I can go to the store and buy a few healthier choices.  

Now I'm home and dragging. I forgot to mention that my sinuses are killing me and my left cheek was all swollen... I took a 30 minute nap, then it was time for Danny's homework and me getting dinner ready. Well, he had a ton of homework and I didn't want him to stop to eat dinner in the middle of it, so I went on youtube and found 2 Zumba Videos to. (I wasn't going to do Zumba today because my face hurt.) Anyway, 2 somewhat short videos and you can find them here and here. Maybe a total of 10 minutes. GUESS WHAT??? 10 minutes of Zumba, I was rearing to go. I had energy!!! Dinner was cooked and served, while dinner was cooking, Danny and I made our lunches for tomorrow. After dinner, I cleaned up immediately. That never happens!!! 

It was going on 6:00 and it was exercise time. For me AND Danny. I wanted to use our weights, so I went back to  youtube and found a video. You can watch the video right here. First off, we do not have the weights to become buff. I just want to strengthen and tone a little. I searched every where for my little hand held weights...they're only 1 pound each... could only find one! I have two, but only one was visible. Of course I didn't search in Danny's Abyss and the reason I didn't is because quite frankly, it scares me! In the beginning of the video it says that water bottles could be used, my wheels started turning and I remembered I had water ball weights in the drawer of the Buffet! Yep, in the Buffet! Kind of ironic...  Anyway, these are my water ball weights:

As I did the youtube video, Danny used his weights. Nothing major, just two dumb bells, with the weight going from 5 to 15 pounds. He didn't follow the video, but lifted nonetheless. One thing he made sure he did was give his mom words of encouragement. My 10 minute video (then I extended and extra 5 minutes) was going to be the death of me! Good Geez! I am so out of shape. Talk about sweat!

And now that this is a novel, another day in my journey, a boring blog post, I thought I'd post an after pic of me. After my strengthening video, glistening, red face, sweat droplet on my forehead, looking ever so attractive! (Please do not be scared for what you are about to see and remove small children from the room.)

I did not start this blog to gain attention. I'm trying to help myself and do it in ways that I never thought of before hoping it will keep me on track and succeed, if even in the least little bit. I have received so many comments on the blog and on facebook and I would like to thank each and every one of you! Your encouragement, thoughts and ideas mean the world to me!

And I'll leave you with this:



Stayed tuned for Day 3!

My disclaimer:  This is my blog, my words, my thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Sharon
    We've known each other for almost 30 years and I feel exactly the same way! 2015 will be the year for a healthier me too! Mind, body and soul.
    Thanks for sharing your journey blog!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.... thanks Stace! It took me a very long time to realize that I am the only that holds the key to my happiness. So many changes, so many! And positive too! Every little step is a step in the right direction! I'm so happy you will be starting your own journey too! I'll be one of your biggest fans!

      Delete
  2. Oh and congrats on day 2! I will be right there with you, as soon I am over my latest sinus/ear infection!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete