Monday, January 19, 2015

You Have To Start Somewhere - Day 1

Well this is it. My new Blog. I hope I can keep up with this blog, as my other blog has been extremely neglected. 

I would like this blog to be about my journey. My journey to become a healthier me. I'm not making promises to myself or anyone else. I've just reached a point in my life... I am unhappy. Recently I've discovered that I hold the key for my happiness. Yep, that's right, me! Who woulda thunk?
So many things are happening in 2015. My niece is having a baby in July. My other niece is getting married in October and most of all I have a 13 year old son. I want to live and not exist anymore. I want to be here... for a very long time!

Last week on a local fb for sale site, a girl was selling her Zumba Wii games. Well today we met and I am the proud owner of Zumba Fitness Join the Party. The first step in my journey.
At 5:05 p.m., the box was opened, the instructions read, new batteries installed in the Wii remote, a little help from my son with the belt and I was ready to go. I opted for the "Easy" level. 20 minutes!!! Yes 20 minutes!!! 5 minutes into I was feeling it. My legs hurt, my back hurt... in between the dances you're supposed to drink water, I didn't know. Danny quickly filled a water glass. Although he did not Zumba with me today, he cheered me on. I would hear his voice behind me telling me I was doing great, good job Mom, you're doing it Mom. Just when I thought I couldn't Zumba anymore, I was on the cool down phase. I was thrilled, excited, elated, overjoyed and most of all, I was proud of myself. A big gulp of water and a high five from Danny I was already thinking about what I want to do for Day 2.
I'm not going to give my weight. It's only a number, it's not important. I may give it one day, I just don't know. I'll get some pics posted this weekend. Every month I'll post a new one.
My first goal is to gain more energy, my second is to lose weight so my wedding bands fit again.

I've always been a big girl. I've lost weight, I've gained weight. I'm a foodie, I love food. When my sister and I attended Weight Watchers together, members would talk about the foods they were addicted to, candy, salt, chips etc... Terri and I would just look at each other and say "We love all food." I know I can do this. I know I will never be a skinny person. I just want to be a smaller me. A smaller, healthier me. 

And as much as I do not care for Miley Cyrus, I will admit that I love her song "The Climb" and it is my inspiration song. 

Please let me know you were here. I am open to comments and suggestions. I prefer no negativity. If we can help each other, be an inspiration for each other, share a recipe or two. Fantastic!

This is my blog, my words, my thoughts, my feelings. 

8 comments:

  1. Great job Sharon. I am cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here! I started working out again yesterday. Going to do it again today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl, I'm right there with ya!! Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right here with you too! Go for it! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sharon, this is really inspiring!
    I've also decided 2015 is my year and I'm aiming for better health, physical & mental, more activity and less weight.
    All the best, I'll be following your progress!
    Hugs
    Rene
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, I know you'll do great! I used to make a paper doll with a wide girth; I drew vertical lines on it--then I got to cut away a line every time I lost a pound. I know it's kind of goofy, but I liked it. Of course, having the jeans that have worked there way to the bottom of the drawer suddenly get pulled out because they fit again, is good! (even if they're a bit out of style) I'm pulling for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would just like to thank each and every one of you for leaving such positive comments. Thank you so much for the encouragement, you do not know how much that means to me! <3

    ReplyDelete